BOOTCAMP RECAP + DEMO DAY RECORDING
Votes are in!
Here’s the list of 18 shortlisted startups that will be going through an intensive 100-hour bootcamp with Salto Network and showcased at Slingshot 2020.
Climate volatility has triggered history’s largest wave of human migration, creating hundreds of new cities around the world and accelerating the race to colonise habitats beyond Earth.
So we ask, how will future human settlements look like?
Permacolony is AUDACITY’s first global call for 20 radically-innovative startups that can contribute to future resilient and humanity-centric cities, powered by empathy and supported by technology. It is a moonshot challenge designed to develop scalable communities that are 100% self-sustainable in food, energy, water and advanced manufacturing, while enhancing standards for human flourishing.
Permacolony is a multi-year programme with the AUDACITY ecosystem of like-minded collaborators, mentors and investors, who are committed to supporting startups to grow and test-bed their concepts in the first Permacolony starting 2021.
The journey began with a Moonshot: Permacolony bootcamp on 9-13 November 2020, organised by AUDACITY in collaboration with global venture builder Mistletoe, Singapore’s lead industrial infrastructure developer JTC Corporation, and Estonian startup growth accelerator Salto.
Moonshot: Permacolony is also a special segment in SLINGSHOT at the Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SWITCH) – one of the region’s largest international startup pitching competitions taking place in December 2020:
- All startups selected for the bootcamp will be featured on a special stage at SWITCH
- 2 out of the 20 will be fast-tracked to SLINGSHOT Top 100 Global Startups
Startups that will benefit most from our supporting ecosystem and creative environment should have:
- The potential to make a strong impact on the future of humanity;
- The interest to testbed or grow in Asia;
- A MVP or working prototype
During free 100-hour online bootcamp, startups get:
- Support from over 50 notable mentors, investors and seasoned entrepreneurs based in Asia and Europe including top decision makers from Mistletoe, Softbank Asia Ventures, Far East Ventures, JAFCO, EBRD, Incubate Fund, Beenext, A*STAR and UNDP
- Test-bedding opportunities at an Innovators’ Playground (physical and virtual) in Jurong Innovation District, Singapore’s largest living lab for innovation
The challenges are big, but so are the opportunities. In fact, history has shown us that with shared goals, collective effort, and time, we can create systemic change.
If any part of our vision sounds like the future you want to see, let’s join forces. Together, we can make Permacolony a reality.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org